I want to make sure my students have the materials they need to succeed. So I've created a classroom project request at DonorsChoose.org, an award-winning charity.
I'm asking for donations of any size to help my kids. For the next four days, any donation you make to my project will be doubled! If you know anyone who is passionate about education, please pass this along. Your donation will brighten my students' school year, and you'll get photos and thank yous from our class.
Here's my classroom request:
To have your donation matched dollar for dollar, enter the match code INSPIRE on the payment screen. This awesome match offer lasts through .
My students and I greatly appreciate your support.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Monday, July 1, 2013
Today is Monday, July 1st....... I had a meeting today to plan out how some of us are going to present PLC, DOK, and Common Assessments to the rest of the staff on August 12 & 13th. That had me thinking about how soon my summer will end. We don't officially go back on contract until August 19th. August 12th and 13th are optional but the kind of optional that your better show up. However, by then most teachers are excited to go back to school and start decorating and getting ready for the year. This means that I have 5-6 weeks left before heading back. Sounds like I have a lot of summer left and I do but I also have a huge "To do" list to start before school starts.
Last year I did this same linky (mid July) and decided to do it again (but a bit earlier). I think letting the world (even if its just the blogging world)see my to do list will make me accountable. Also seeing everyone's list made me realize I am not alone. The downfall of seeing everyone's list who linked up was I added a few things to my to do list but that's OK.
I am embarrassed to say that the following (in the quotes) was on my list from last year and I still haven't done them... "I have so much to do including: decluttering the house (especially the garage), painting the kitchen and family room, replacing the carpet, replacing the fence, painting the exterior of the house, , re-doing my wall of crosses, buy new lamps...... oh my goodness I can go on and on and this is just my to do at home list."
Besides the above I need a new hair do, buy clothes for work, buy shoes for work, plan out meals, oh lawd........here we go again! This list is not my home list or school list but my personal list.
This year the 4th grade team is "Team Teaching" but since we have an odd number of teachers....7 this year... we will have one group of 3. I will be in that group of three.......we decided that each of us will teach a "test" subject and we would all teach our own Science/Social Studies. I will teach Reading, another teacher will teach Writing and another will teach Math. In my district the 4th grade Science and Social Studies curriculum is integrated so I will teach 3 classes of Reading (including my own) and I will teach my own class Sci/SS. Sounds good to me! Hopefully it works out and good as it sounds.
Here is my list of only my school stuff that I need to do before the 1st day of school
(in no particular order)
pick out my color scheme along with what frogs I will use in my classroom(done)
- Find a digital paper pack to match my classroom colors
- Daily 5/CAFE posters - make new ones to match once I find a cute digital paper pack
- Plan out timeline of skills/curriculum I am going to teach in Reading
- Reread Laura Candler's Power Reading Workshop
- Plan out room arrangement
- order from Vistaprint (business cards as prize cards - eat with teacher, teacher chair, etc)
- Decide what class building things I am going to do the first couple of days of school
- Make a "Get to know you as a reader" worksheets for my students (x3)
- shop for new library baskets that will match my theme
- Decide on & make a birthday treat for students (order birthday cards from Vistaprint)(x3)
- Create Sign In/Out binders (sheets and binder covers) (x3)
- numbers for labeling (create, print, cut out, laminate, cut out again)
- Buy cardstock and colored paper
- Print out, cut out, laminate and cut out again 4th Grade ELA TEKS I Can Statements by 4mulaFun
- Print out, cut out, laminate and cut out again 4th Grade Science TEKS I Can Statements by 4mulaFun
- Print out, cut out, laminate and cut out again 4th Grade Social Studies TEKS I Can Statements by 4mulaFun
- Make a check out station for my library books (posterboard w/ library pockets)(x3)
- Make class schedule
- Plan out logistics with my team teachers since 3of us are "team teaching"
- Update my class blog/website
Buy a blow up frog for a reading nook(done)
My list can go on and on but I will stop here. Now its your turn to share your "to do" list by linking up. Don't forgot to check out others to do lists and comment on their posts.