Today is Thursday, July 19th. Ahhh, the days of summer.......hanging out with my kids, staying up way to late at night and sleeping in until noon like I was a teenager. I have lots of thing to do during summer but first I will just chillax (chill out + relax...I'm pretty hip, huh?).
Today I rescheduled a doctor's appointment from tomorrow until Aug. 7th so of course I had to pull out my Erin Condren life planner to write down the new appointment when all of a sudden I start to PANIC! Holy "beep"!!!!!!!!! Only 4 weeks until I start setting up my classroom. We don't officially have to go back to work until August 20th but with all the staff development and meetings we have that week I never have time to set up my classroom. Did you hear me? 4 weeks to do EVERYTHING I had planned to get accomplished over the summer!!!!!!
You think 4 weeks is a long time? You are CRAY-ZEE!!!!!!! I have so much to do including: decluttering the house (especially the garage), painting the kitchen and family room, replacing the carpet, replacing the fence, painting the exterior of the house, painting a mural in my sons room, re-doing my cross wall, find a new sofa table, buy new lamps...... oh my goodness I can go on and on and this is just my to do at home list. There is a to do personal list like start exercising, eating better, etc and there is a school to do list that is a mile long! In fact, I have so much I want to do before the first day of school I can't even think of everything!
The house stuff and me stuff will have to wait until Christmas break (like always)!!!!!!
Because of my lack of focus and lack of movement (yes, I'm a couch potato.... don't judge) I've decided to have a linky party! A "what do you still need to do before the first day of school" linky party!
Here is my list of only my school stuff that I need to do before the 1st day of school
(in no particular order)
Make my parent orientation brochure and order through vistaprint(done)
- Create several "class journals" like I've seen on pinterest
- Plan out my curriculum for the year... a very loose timeline
- Figures out what classroom jobs I'm going to have
- Make labels for student spirals and folders (I made stuff for my own binder already)
- Plan out Daily 5 - make posters, think about how I will track students, etc.
- Plan out gathering area, student book boxes, etc (for daily 5)
- make and organize word work
- write out P.O. for two grants I won at the end of last year
- Make an book about me (autobiography w/ pics) to share with my students
- Make little "recycle paper bins" for the student desk groups
- Make birthday bucket with "birthday treats"
- Create Sign In/Out binder sheets
- numbers for labeling (create, print, cut out, laminate, cut out again)
- 5 Jenga get to know you games (buy, print, create)
- Create buttons/badges... "ask me how I did on my test today", "Ask me how I filled someone's bucket today", etc.
- Bucket filler board/shoe organizer (buy, print, create)
- Check out station for my library books (posterboard w/ library pockets- buy, print, create)
- Make class schedule
- Door decoration from pinterest (make, print, cut, laminate and cut again)
- Make Peace Maker / Peace Breaker board for back of door
OK, I am stopping at 20 (#1 doesn't count because I did it already) because just #3 will take me forever!!!! Now its your turn to share what you still have to do before your first day of school. Hopefully you will get other ideas and/or you will get suggestions on how to make your to list shrink quickly!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.fabulous4thgradefroggies.com" title="Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd413/Rainee2011/Linkypartypic.png" alt="Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies" style="border:none;" /></a></div>